Saturday, 11 June 2016
Timeline of Niger Delta Avengers Blistering Attacks On Oil and Gas Facilities in Nigeria
The Niger Delta Avengers have carried out about sixteen attacks on oil and gas facilities in the Niger Delta area. Recall that the militant group promised a while ago that it would reduce Nigeria's Crude oil output zero. They seem to be living up to their threat as militant attacks have cut Nigeria's oil production by more than half a million barrels per day. Some oil majors have declared force majuere as a result of this.
Below is a timeline of Niger Delta Avengers blistering attacks on Oil and gas Installations in the Niger Delta. The group have successfully carried out about 16 attacks between February 10 and June 9, 2016.
1. February 10, 2016: At about 1:30 am, Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) attacked the Bonny Soku Gas Export Line. The line conveys natural gas to the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas plant and an independent power plant at Gbaran in the Niger Delta.
2. February 14: Again, Niger Delta Avengers attacked an SPDC giant underwater Forcados 48-inch Export Pipeline at the Forcados Export Terminal.
3. February 19: At about 3:30 a.m, the NDA blew up the Clough Creek Tebidaba Agip Pipeline Manifold in Bayelsa State.
4. May 4: NDA attacked the Chevron Valve Platform located at Abiteye. This platform is reportedly the most significant platform for Chevron as it serves as the main connecting point where all other platforms link up and it is a fulcrum to Chevron BOP and the Chevron Tank Farm.
5. May 5: Launched a coordinated attack on the Chevorn Well D25 in Abiteye and blew up major pipelines.
6. May 13: Bombed a Chevron pipeline at two separate spots near a military location.
7. May 20: It attacked the Escravos Gas Pipeline, a facility of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, in Delta State.
8. May 25, 2016: NDA Struck Chevron main electricity feed pipeline to the Escravos Tank Farm at Ciera creek in Warri South-West Local Government Area of Delta State.
9. May 27: Destroyed the Nembe 1, 2 and 3 Brass to Bonny trunk lines belonging to Nigerian Agip Oil Company, NAOC and Shell Petroleum Development Company, SPDC in Bayelsa State at about 2.15am on Saturday.
10. May 27: Blew up NNPC Gas and Crude trunk lines in Warri at 11.45 pm
11. May 31: Blew up Chevron Oil Well RMP 23 and RMP 24 believed to the company’s highest swamp producing oil wells at about 3:44 am
12. June 1: It carried out twin -attack on Well RMP 23 and RMP 24 owned by Chevron Nigeria Limited. Both wells are located at Dibi in Warri South West local government area of Delta State.
13. June 2: About 2.00 am, it also bombed the Ogboinbiri to Tebidaba and Clough Creek to Tebidaba Crude oil pipelines in Bayelsa State.
14. June 3: At about 3:00 am, it blew up the SPDC Forcados 48" Export line in Delta State because the company went ahead with repair works against its warning
15. June 3: At about 3:30am, strike team blew up Brass to Tebidaba Crude oil line in Bayelsa state.
16. June 9: At 3:am of Friday, NDA blew up the Obi Obi Brass Trunk line belonging to Agip ENI. It is Agip’s Major Crude oil Line in Bayelsa State.