Thursday, 10 December 2015
7 Benefits of Coconut Oil
Contrary to the false impression and demonization of coconut oil due to its saturated fat content, latest research asserts that saturated fats are indeed harmless. The ‘’artery-clogging’’ concept of saturated fat is said to be a myth. To this end, extensive research proves that Coconut oil has a lot of health and other related benefits which include but not limited to the following:
1. Fights Heart Diseases/High Blood Pressure, mouth odour: Contrary to misconceptions that coconut oil is not good for heart health because its saturated fat content, research asserts that coconut oil is beneficial to the heart because it contains about 50% lauric acid, which helps in actively inhibiting various heart problems like high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure. It also inhibits mouth odour.
2. Contributes to Weight loss, checks obesity: Coconut oil is easy to digest and helps in healthy functioning of the thyroid and endocrine system. It contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that are handy for reducing excessive weight, especially abdominal obesity in women.
3. Boosts Skin care: Coconut oil is a brilliant massage oil that acts as an effective moisturizer on all types of skin, including dry skin especially during the harmattan season. It prevents flaking, wrinkles, dryness and sagging of skin usually due to aging. Unlike mineral oil, coconut oil poses no adverse side effects on the skin.
4. Coconut oil helps in preventing degenerative diseases, premature aging due to its well-known antioxidant properties. It also helps in treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections.
5. Hair care: Coconut oil aids healthy growth of hair and gives your hair a shiny quality. It is also highly effective in reducing protein loss, which can lead to various unattractive or unhealthy qualities in your hair. Coconut is used as hair care oil and is used in manufacturing various conditioners and anti-dandruff creams.
6. Boosts Immunity: Coconut oil reinforces the body’s immune system because it contains antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, which have antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. The human body converts lauric acid into monolaurin which research asserts is an effective way to deal with viruses and bacteria that cause diseases like herpes, influenza, cytomegalovirus, and even HIV. Recall that both lauric acid and monolaurin kills harmful pathogens like bacteria (Staphylococcus Aureus), viruses and fungi (Candida Albicans).
7. Aids Digestion: Core functions of coconut oil occur primarily due to it being used as cooking oil. Coconut oil helps to improve the digestive system and thus prevents various stomach and digestion-related problems including irritable bowel syndrome. The saturated fats present in coconut oil have antimicrobial properties and help in dealing with various bacteria, fungi, and parasites that can cause indigestion. Coconut oil also helps in the absorption of other nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
Chemineers Lab. Nigeria Limited produces high quality coconut oil in Nigeria
For Further Information & Purchase, Contact:
Chemineers Lab. Nig. Ltd