Thursday, 19 November 2015

Nigerian Army Denies Alleged Missing 105 Soldiers

Abuja – Chief of Army staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai has waved aside reports that about 105 soldiers prosecuting the war against Boko Haram terrorists met their untimely death when they failed to return in a bid to annihilate the terrorists in the North East.

The media had been awashed with news that about 100 Nigerian soldiers were missing after Boko Haram attacks in the epicenter of the battle.

But General Buratai in a telephone conversation with Vanguard said, “It is not true that our soldiers are missing. The soldiers went on a mission for the Nigerian nation and they have since returned and joined their Battalions”.
The confident Chief of Army Staff said that insinuation is a figment of imagination of the authors of the story.
Media reports had indicated that the Army may have lost about 150 of its men to an attack by Boko Haram insurgents in Gudunbali, Borno State.

It was claimed that the terrorists attacked at Gudunbali in Borno State, on Wednesday and as a result the 157 Battalion of the Nigerian Army could not account for at least, 105 soldiers including their commanding officer.

Source: Vanguard Newspaper