Security and Safety Awareness, Crime, Threat Alerts, Political Risks, Geopolitics, Open-Source Intelligence etc.
Vanguard Of A Countering Violent Extremism Advocacy: "Nigerians Unite Against Insecurity, Terrorism and Insurgency".
For Articles, Press Releases, Adverts etc, Email: donnuait(a)yahoo.com, Twitter: @DonOkereke.
Saturday, 19 September 2015
Latest Security, Safety Jobs in Nigeria and Abroad (Updated 20/09/2015)
Here are some latest security and safety vacancies in Nigeria and at the United Nations:
Plateau State Government Community and Social Development
State is implementing a 2-year additional financing of Community and Social
Development Project (CSDP) World Bank Assisted. The Project has the objective
to increase access of poor people (in rural communities) to Improved social and
natural resources infrastructure services in a sustainable manner through the
provision of grant support to benefiting communities for implementation of
community-driven micro-projects under approved Community Development Plan
commence State-level implementation of the additional financing, we require the
services of the position below:
Title: Security Executive
should possess relevant qualification and experience.
position is remunerated based on agreed terms with the World Bank.
and qualified candidates should forward their signed and sealed application to:
based in Nigeria, requires the services of the position below for its new
stations, which will soon take off in Asaba and Uyo:
Job Title: Office Security Man
Locations: Asaba and Uyo
School Certificate with minimum of two years
Application Closing Date: 29th September, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send
their application letters to:
Administrator - Business Technology Solutions (Internal Firm Services)
Job Reference Number: 125-NIG00090
PwC firms help organizations and individuals create
the value they are looking for. We are a network of firms in 158 countries with
more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance,
Tax and Advisory services.
The Job Concept:
The Security administrator is responsible to the
Information security manager, and is tasked with implementing security
controls, disseminating security advisory and alerts, remediating network
security issues, implementing application security in line with global and
regional requirements. The person’s main focus is the implementation and
policing of security controls and monitoring of the PwC Nigeria network ad
This individual will support the information
security manager in audit preparation and defence (including providing the
evidence, local policies, documented processes and change management) of the
local, regional and global audits.
· Ensure software up-to-date upgrades of all
existing firm software (bios and all)
· Address all IT assets abuses (hardware, software
· Establish control over both malicious and
non-malicious threat to physical and logical IT assets of the firm.
· Administer computer systems’ security requirements
in the entire computing/network environment
· Establish compliance of all information security
policy and procedures.
· Responsible for conducting site reviews, writing
audit/review reports, reviewing findings, and making recommendations line
management and /or their security coordinators.
· IT Security risk analysis and risk management,
perform security tests, manage internal audits on information security
processes, controls and systems.
· Monitors and evaluates unit performance on key
security issues and programs, recommends corrective action programs here
· Responsible for implementing security plans,
security programs such as Physical Security, Information Protection, Incident
Management and / or investigation.
· Must have over 5 years IT experience
· Must have performed oversight function for others
· Must have an in-depth knowledge of established
computer-industry security procedures for multiple computer platforms
· In-depth experience with operating systems
platforms such as Linux, Windows 2000/2003/2008/WinXP/Win7
· Knowledge of the enterprise application systems,
relational database, programming tools, etc
· Good written and oral communication ability
· Action planning, Motivating, Analytical mind and
strong problem-solving capabilities
· Ability to work independently in a highly dynamic
environment and work under intense pressure.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
· Ability to train PwC users on use of computer
software and hardware in both office and classroom situations
· First degree or HND in Computer Science and
computer related disciplines (Computer Science, Computer with Economics,
Computer with Mathematics,
Certification in Security Related field e.g. CISSP,