|Photo credit: engagor.com|
- Chamberlain MyQ Internet Gateway: Internet-based remote control of garage doors.
- Chamberlain MyQ Garage: Internet-based remote control of garage doors, interior switches, and electrical outlets.
- SmartThings Hub: A central control device for home automaton sensors, switches and door locks.
- Ubi: The Unified Computer Intelligence Corporation is an always-on, voice-controlled device for answering questions, controlling home automaton and performing tasks such as sending emails and SMS messages.
- Wink Hub: A central control device for home automation products.
- Wink Relay: A combination hub and control device for home automation sensors and products.
"It's hard to not be excited about what the IoT has enabled and will bring in the future, although that doesn't mean cybersecurity should be sacrificed in the process. We need to look at the IoT holistically to ensure that the devices, as well as their web and mobile applications and back-end cloud services, are built securely from their inception. Security should not be treated as an afterthought or add-on, or we risk putting our personal information in jeopardy or even opening the door to physical harm."Written By; By Charlie Osborne