Monday, 2 March 2015

Terror Alert! Boko Haram Bent On Unleashing Suicide Bombers On Motorparks, Schools, Worship Centres, Markets etc

Security operatives have issued a security alert to Nigerians, urging them to be vigilant, as Boko Haram has resorted to the use of suicide bombers inside the cities, following its routing in communities in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.

This is coming at a time when the spate of terror attacks by suicide bombers occurred in Kano, Bui and Jos last week. In the suicide bombers’ attacks, close to 50 people were killed.

In the last couple of weeks, the military, supported by the Multinational Joint Task Force (MJTF), had displaced Boko Haram from most of its operational bases in the North-East. In the military actions, hundreds of insurgents have been killed.

Alerting Nigerians on the use of suicide bombers in the cities, security agents say that Boko Haram members, in their bid to retaliate military offensive, has resorted to suicide bombings.

The military says the terrorists now use children and teenagers, especially female member, in the suicide attacks, warning that their plot is to attack motorparks, schools, worship centres and markets, among others.

According to the Directorate of State Security (DSS), Nigerians should be vigilant while in crowded areas.
A press release by the DSS spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, said: “It has become evident that following the successful sustained air raids and intense combat operations by the military on insurgents’ positions in the North-East, which had effectively degraded the capacity of the terrorists, its members are now in disarray and have resorted to taking out their anger on hapless civilians and soft targets. This development accounts for the recent spate of attacks recorded in Yobe, Kano, Borno and Plateau states with the intent of distracting security forces.

“Accordingly, this Service wishes to advise members of the public to be vigilant, especially in crowded environment and when travelling. Commuters should desist from boarding unmarked vehicles along the road and only use designated motorparks. We also reiterate our call on motorpark managers to ensure proper screening of vehicles, persons and luggage entering their premises. They should also look out for new faces who show up as drivers and conductors.”

The establishment of a multinational force, comprising soldiers from Nigeria, Cameroon, Niger Republic and Chad has continued to frustrate insurgents’ operation in the North-East.

In the last two weeks, several towns and local governments in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states, including the training facilities and logistic dumps of Boko Haram, have been reclaimed by Nigerian troops.

Source:
The Sun Newspaper